Doing Business with CouncilLismore City Council is committed to:
- ensuring best value for money and cost effectiveness,
- meeting the needs of the community,
- promoting good management practices,
- ensuring transparency and probity,
- promoting sustainability, and
- being ethical and responsible by giving preference to locally sourced goods and services where feasible.
Request For Quotation (RFQ): usually where the value of work, goods or services is within the $5,000-250,000 threshold inclusive of GST. At Lismore City Council, we try to obtain a minimum of three quotes, unless there is an existing contract already in place.
Request For Tender (RFT): where the value of work, goods or services is over the mandated monetary threshold of $250,000 inclusive of GST. Usually an open public tender unless there is an existing contract already in place.
Expression Of Interest (EOI): where there is a need to determine the market capability and interest in the works, whilst allowing council a greater opportunity to define specifications and criteria if there is a need to tender.
Our objective is to engage more effectively, accelerate our processes and procedures and evolve and bolster our working relationships with all businesses.
Council’s Procurement Policy
Council’s Terms & Conditions