Information on our waste operations
- What’s my Bin Day?
- Are you disposing Asbestos?
- Get your free waste voucher here
- Do you need a Bin service?
- Did your Bin get rejected for kerbside pickup?
Council has made changes to operations at the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre and Nimbin Transfer Station due to COVID-19.
Residents and businesses may visit the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre or the Nimbin Transfer Station during opening hours - bookings are no longer required.
Below is what you may currently dispose of at these facilities.
- Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre: General waste and green waste (fees apply) and recycling (free). Recycling includes cardboard, paper, glass, plastics and aluminium.
- Nimbin Transfer Station: General waste only (fees apply).
Please note you must pay by card - no cash is currently being accepted.
Household items for the Revolve Shop and hazardous wastes are not being accepted at this time. We ask that you continue to store household items for disposal once services return to normal and the Revolve Shop is open. If you do choose to bring these items to our facilities, you will be charged at the general waste rate of $298 per tonne.
The Return and Earn bulk collection centre at the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre in Wyrallah Road (for recycling 100+ containers) is open from Wednesday to Saturday from 8am to 3pm.
The Lismore Revolve Shop, the Brewster Street Drop-off Centre and the Lismore Rainforest Botanic Gardens remain closed indefinitely.
Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre
Monday to Friday 7:30am to 3:30pm
Saturday 9am to 4pm
Sunday 9am to 4pm
Nimbin Transfer Station
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 8am to 3pm
For more information, visit Northern Rivers Waste.