What to do about dividing fences

A dividing fence is a fence that separates the lands of neighbouring owners.

Information on issues associated with dividing fences can be found at the Lawaccess website.

We are not involved in settling disputes regarding dividing fences, however the Land and Property Management Authority website provides some options for you to consider.

If you are planning on building a fence that is more than 1.8 metres high, you will need to make a development application.

Front fences and side fences facing a road more than 1.2 high will also require approval. For more information, phone us on (02) 6625 0500.